Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Motivation

"If you don't work for what you want you will end up with something that you don't want. If you don't work for what you want, you will most likely work for someone who did! Someone you don't want to work for."

     I heard this quote a while back and it continues to stick with me every day! How true this is and how motivating these few lines are. Life is hard and it will knock you down, but it's hard for everyone, so get up and GRIND! (Grindin' ← favorite song*) You have to be willing to put in the extra effort in order to truly be successful. If you don't, someone else is willing to and you will end up not being as successful as the person who was willing to do more. The one willing to sacrifice more, the one willing to study more, willing to lose sleep, the one who didn't go out and party every weekend, didn't binge-watch the next Netflix series, the one who pushed through the challenges and hardships in the pursuit of their dream. What is your dream? Where do you want to be? What do you want to be? Who do you want to be?


     My daily routine for this rotation is being at the clinic from 8:00am until ~5:00pm, I leave the clinic and hit the gym. I finally end up at home around 6:30pm, eat dinner, and then try and study. My days are busy, so it's hard to stay motivated and focused! After each workout session, I love to sit in the steam room for about 10 minutes and just relax/decompress. To sweat out all the toxic thoughts and negative emotions from the day. I put on the "Fearless Motivation" playlist on Spotify and listen to a few speeches while I relax. I use this time to reflect on my day. To examine what I could have and should have done that day along with what I need to get done before day's end. I dissect the reasons I didn't accomplish them, and makes plans/goals on how I can improve tomorrow to reach my goals.

     This approach may not be motivating to you, but there are plenty of other options to help keep your life on track. Prayer & religion, planning & goal-setting, cellphone reminders, etc... The most important thing is to just stay on track, and get done what you need to get done to get where you want to go (Yes, I know that was extremely well-said 😅). "The Road to There" has to end up somewhere, so make it where you'd like to end up. Just like a GPS, you have a destination set and you decide which route you to take. I recommend avoiding the road blocks and u-turns!

     Just realize this... You can't sit at work all day, working for someone else only to come home and not work on yourself. Work each day on something to improve yourself. Whether it be health, fitness, education, business, a new idea, your next investment, or whatever it may be. Don't spend your days only working for someone else, you'll fail to realize your own potential and your own worth!

1 comment:

  1. I am extremely greatfull to you as you shared this.I am recently developing associate app spotify player that is you would possibly have an interest to appear thereon

    ReplyDelete